“And if I asked you to name all the things that you love, how long would it take for you to name yourself?”
Self love is the best love. When we think of love we often associate it with love outside of ourselves. We think of relationship love… but its difficult to love someone else, if you arent loving yourself properly. This may make you tend to put your needs and wants, as a responsibility of your partner, [& vice versa] while continuing to neglect yourself.Rather than expecting to be completed by someone/something else, be whole youself, and share that overflow of love with them. Compliment each other, rather than complete each other
Self care includes but not limited to what you allow yourself to accept from people, what you put into your mind, body and spirit, proper rest, control of emotions, + honesty with self.
Ladies. If that man wants to cheat, and chat wit his mashed potatoes.. let him. People will do what the fcuk they wanna do and u cant MAKE anyone do anything. Lol So in that case… just enjoy the meal & make the best decision for you! Aint nobody got time to be stalkin u ya whole life to make sure u legit. If I gotta monitor and check ya phone, make u get rid of ya other boos, if it’s disrupting my peace of mind #iDontTrustYou therefore… ion want ya. Life too short to be tryna make folks act right. You can have trust without love, but ion believe you can love with no trust. 😘✌
“Self-care is often a very un-beautiful thing.”
It is making a spreadsheet of your debt and enforcing a morning routine. It’s putting down the junk food, sodas, sweets and cooking yourself healthy meals. It’s facing your problems, instead of calling the masking rhe problem with drugs + alcohol. It is sweating through another workout, telling a toxic friend/family member/someone you love, that you don’t want want to hang out anymore. Its choosing people who are good to, and for you. It’s accepting yourself, yet making a pact to yourself, to continue to grow. It is meditation. Introspection. Evaluating your thoughts, emotions and behaviors. Its taking a mandated break, to do simple things like dropping oil in the tub, soaking, and reading Marie Claire while turning your phone off. It is growth. It is choosing to make the best decisions for you!
Growth looks soo good on you. Keep up the great work!!
“True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you don’t need to regularly escape from.”
This often takes doing the thing you least want to do…Self care has very little to do with “treating yourself” and a lot more to do with parenting yourself and making choices for your long-term wellness. It is choosing a life that feels good, rather than a life that looks good. It is being honest with yourself and others, even if that means you aren’t universally liked. It is meeting your own needs, and feeling whole yourself, so you aren’t anxious and dependent on other people to “give” you what you “need.”
It is becoming the person you know you want and are meant to be. Someone who knows that salt baths and chocolate cake are ways to enjoy life – not escape from it.
A few self-care habits
- Go for a run or a light jog.
- Meditate or do deep breathing for five minutes.
- Take a break when you need it.
- Choose who you spend time with.
- Laugh heartily at least once a day.
- Eat green daily.
- Avoid emotional eating.
- Start a journal.
- Learn to say ‘No.’
- Stop overthinking.
- Oxygenate by taking three deep breaths. Breathe into your abdomen, and let the air puff out your stomach and chest.
- DANCE! Put on your favorite upbeat record and shake your booty.
- Imagine you’re your best friend. If you were, what would you tell yourself right now? Look in the mirror and say it.
You Are ROYALTY — You are magic. Act like it. Don’t ever apologize for the fire in you. #SLAY
Some benefits of self care:
- Self-care will help boost your immune system. What do taking your vitamins/supplements, getting lots of rest, exercising, mindfulness and taking a hot bath all have in common? They all activate the parasympathetic nervous system Parasympathetic Nervous System. When you activate the PNS it puts your body into ‘rest + restore’ mode, giving our bodies the chance to decompress from our generally hectic daily lives. All of this gives the body the opportunity to build its defenses against those nasty cold bugs that like to attack when we’re at our weakest.
“Who taught you to hate what God made you?” – Malcolm X
- Self-care improves your self-compassion. It’s pretty simple, the more you take care of yourself, the better you feel. Dr. Kristin Neff defines Self Compassion as “being warm and understanding toward ourselves when we suffer, fail, or feel inadequate, rather than ignoring our pain or flagellating ourselves with self-criticism.” When you listen to the voices in your head, would you talk to a loved one the way you talk to yourself? Noticing your self-talk is a form of self-care in itself.
You’ve been enough. You just need to know it, and own it!
- You’ll find out who you really are. How many times do you stop and think, what do I LOVE to do. What really lights me up? What can I do for myself that makes me feel good. A few of us can answer this pretty easily, but many cannot. As we grow up and leave ‘childhood’ behind we are conditioned to believe that play is for kids and that doing too much for ourselves is ‘selfish.’
Believe in yourself
- You will have more to give others. Not less. If your cup isn’t full, you can’t fill someone else’s.
Be a good parent to yourself. Be honest with yourself. Fall in love with yourself. Build a relationship with yourself. Depend on yourself to meet the majority of your needs. Speak lovingly to yourself. Accept yourself fully, no comparison needed. Treat yourself how you want to be.Know your worth. You deserve happiness, love, commitment, affection, freedom, vacations, health, attention, wealth, relaxation, peace. Believe you deserve it. Be who you need to be to receive it. 😘Just as a freshly printed dollar and a old crumpled dollar holds the same value, the same is true for you. Despite your or other peoples mistakes, actions, behaviors, inability to acknowledge/see your value, etc. your worth remains the same.You are worthy. Confidence is key.RMake time for you & the things that make you, you.😘
You set the standard for how others can treat you. ‘Love no human being more than you love being valued, respected, and treated well.’ #LaughLoveThinkFacts😂💜💭💯